I have this mental image of Ax smugly agreeing until someone shoves a Cinnabon at him. :D
(Possible answer: apparently, natural selection went for males who could walk long distances and carry back enough food for his mate and offspring.)
Me: "Cups are on aisle six!"
Customer: "Oh, but I don't want to buy one."
Me: "Get out of my store, then. Have a nice day!"
*coughs* That last part may be just the slightest bit exaggerated. I usually just tell them to try McDonald's, actually.
People are stupid.
Also learned recently that my dad must have used up all of the "stupid risktaking and almost dying" karma and-slash-or genes in the family. Apparently, he and a friend once tried to dine and dash at a (get ready for this) cop bar. Apparently, they didn't know it was a cop bar at the time, but the fact remains.
And that my grandma apparently voted for Jesse Jackson as a younger woman. XD This amuses me more than it should, especially after my dad told me about how she used the fact to get rid of a bunch of cops loitering around her job.
( Musing on names. )
You know those guys who call you, ask you a bunch of questions, and you yell at them that you're on the Do Not Call list and it's dinner time, anyway?
Yeah. Only, it was for surveys, not sales calls, so the Do Not Call list does not apply. FYI.
PS: screaming at them that they're ****ing ****ers that should not being calling at this hour and they need to get a real job? Doing that just pisses them off. And pissing them off just makes them want to call you again the next day, an hour later. Just out of spite.
The more you know!
Azkaban, except that I've read it so many times that there's no anticipation left. I can continue most of it in my head. XD But Lupin is my favorite, and that's the only book he manages to be a real presence in. I was actually quite disappointed to realize this series was "Harry Potter," not "Harry Potter's Amazing Friends and Their Strange World."
In other news, our keyboard died some time ago, and Sam just got a new one off a friend. Hannah's birthday was last Saturday, and one of her gifts was tickets to the Lion King show. And she invited me along~ I had a blast, seriously, it was awesome. It was condensed, like most Vegas transplant shows, but oh. My. God. No disappointments. Things that I question, but no disappointments. I bought the CD soundtrack and am listening to it right now.
( I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts... deedly-dee... )
• Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
• If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
• Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
• Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
• If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
• You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
• There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
I haven't done this the last couple of years because I haven't had the means to get things to people, so I'd feel absolutely awful asking for something. But... Kaley-chan has job now! Yaaaay~ I also don't, uh, know what I want in some cases, sooo... XD
edit: I have no idea how the html got messed up. o.O
( My list. Everyone, get yours up because I get paid Friday! )
I kind of didn't want to (but so, so seriously did), but I did start a GetBackers fanfic. Didn't want to, because I'm not finished with the manga (hell, I'm not even caught up to Tokyopop) and I hate getting things wrong, but the ideas won't leave me alone. I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKE THIS SERIES.
I don't know if my scanner's working, or I'd be tempted to picspam you all. Onemanga.com has the whole thing, though, so I'm still tempted. XD I collected a few artbook scans from spiral_icontest's link list, though, so I might make some icons.
Okay, I'm going to leave you with one. ^^ This is my favorite title page image in the series.
( Left to right, that's Rio, Hiyono and Ryoko. Yes, they are all 17 years old. )
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
( DIGISOUUUUUUL, charge! Overdrive! )
So I snatched it for animorphsues and gave the author a taciturn review, calmly (if a little coldly) telling her that You-based stories are against the FF.N rules, and so is using a seperate chapter for Author's Notes. I suggested she back up her story, as well, since I planned to report it.
( Here's my review. )
She responded by leaving a review to White and Red.
( Now here is her's. )
I wonder how she fixed it.
And I'm glad she realizes I'm perfect, 'cause my mom's been telling everyone that for years! =DDDDDD
Anyway, I warned her to back it up. That's more than some of the CYOA haters would do.
Sad thing is, people actually liked her story... Even after the Alternamorphs nonsense.
PS: I'd tell you all about the days I haven't told you about, but I'm just feeling lazy. All you need to know is I hung around a lot with Hannah on Friday. Had ice cream. Smacked myself in the face with a soccer ball. Got my disposable camera and my poptart stolen. But let's not reopen that wound. So I no longer trust anyone in choir.
But hey! There was ice cream!
Crap. It had such nice 'What the hell is wrong with my generation?!?!?' stuff, too.
I did finish part 1 of ruriruri's birthday fic. I figure the next part will be her Christmas present. That's not nice, is it? Sorry, Ava-chan.
Now, can I do wraithlord42's? Alloran fic, I already have a title. "Differentiating From a Dictator."
And while I'm at it, God knows I need to punish myself. Anyone have a request for a Christmas present? ^_________________^
*snuggles Koenma plushie*
Will detail life later. Will also leave you with this:
Dear Ashlee Simpson,
Your song, Pieces of Me? It's damn annoying. The pop music is dull and uninspired, and fades into the black like a bad lime fic. The rhymes are on a third grade level, and the sequence is just stupid.
And the way you say the word 'pieces?' That's just annoying.
You made a better blonde. Stop trying to use Jessica's fame to bolster your own. The Jackson 5 couldn't do it, Hayley Duff can't do it, Leslie Carter couldn't do it. What makes you think you can??
Been dying to get that out! =D
Mrs. Richards: "Women, go into the practice rooms."
Carlos: "Hey, she said women, not little girls."
Lauren: "I know, Carlos, that's why you're staying out here."
*cue hysterical laughter from the whole choir*
Alonzo: "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." *shakes hand*
Lesse. Chem and Algebra suck. I need to ask my mother how to figure a negative exponent... somehow I never learned that. Or fractional exponents. Not Good.
Japanese was Pair Conversation day. Basic intros and school level things. I worked with Matt-kun. We had a mini-argument over the proper way to say "What's your name?" I said the short version is 'O namae wa?' and the long version is 'Anata no namae wa nan desu ka?' He claims its 'Anata wa nan desu ka?' Or something. I don't remember quite what he said. Sensei settled it; I had the proper-proper version. I hate being wrong.
We start Show and Tell soon. Only two sentences in '______ wa _______ desu' pattern. And my brain is dead, so all I can think of are '_______ wa ________ desu' sentences. Which sucks.
History. Notes on the Indus Valley civilization. *yawns*
English. Moriah worked tirelessly on drawing the Reeve, since I suck. I sketched other pieces of it. Blah.
Lunch. I bought these two huge cinnamon cookies. Yummy. ROTC bake sale or something. I chatted with Other!Michael, mostly. Watched Amanda and the boys play Yu-Gi-Oh. *yawns again* I gave him his first Japanese vocab: "Good afternoon, everyone!" We talked about Betelehemu, which he told me after school means 'Bethlehem.' We talked about how Mrs. Richards made him a tenor. I told him we'd work on it together; I can work on my soprano while he finds his inner tenor. =D He walked with me to my locker to snag my PE clothes, and we agreed to meet after school for more J-vocab and discussion of our voices.
PE. Badominton o shimashita. Atashi wa badominton ga jyouzu desu! XP Not really. Sucked as usual. Well, I can't serve worth a damn, but I'm okay.
( Music and Afterwards )
"Some of you are still doing your dogs in the park!" --Sensei
"It's a wonderful day in my neighborhood. I forgot my homework." --Kid Who Sits Behind Me
"Look, the football field is pretty!" --Chick In PE
"I think they did it over with astro turf." --Me
"That's not astro turf! It's fake grass!" --Chick In PE
First Chem Test: I got the very lowest possible B. But a B's a B, right?!
The Japanese thing... We learned 'play' verbs this week. Hikimasu, fukimasu, asoubimasu... The sentence in question was Kouen de inu o asoubimasu. I think the particle is o, anyway... I forget. People are saying Kouen de inu o shimasu. Doing the dog. =) Of course, as Sensei explained, Japanese doesn't have that particular expression, so it'd be even more confusing...
So someone (I'm thinking Paulina, but I don't remember) asked her what they do say. =)
Sensei didn't say.
English project w/Moriah. We read part of the Canterbury Tales. So all of us chose a partner, and drew a character from the story out of a hat. Moriah and I got the Reeve. Both of us prefer doing projects alone, so we figure we'll work together beautifully!
So we have to do a sort of model/drawing of the character. We have some sketches. I need to get a posterboard.
Other!Michael walked to me my bus stop. I have to start teaching him a little Japanese during lunch, he said, so he'll survive the trip to Japan... =D I told him to remind me. I complained about the Nigerian carol Concert Choir is doing... If I want to sing with Concert (and I'm not sure I do...), I'll have to learn it. =( And the guys' part is so easy. It's just saying "Betelehemu" over and over again. Five beats, same deep note. My kind of part! XP
New Freshmeat at our lunch group. He's cute. =P But he's freakishly like my brother, so nyah.
perpetual_poet = 16 + 5 + 18 + 16 + 5 + 20 + 21 + 1 + 11 + 16 + 15 + 20 =
2) Add all of the numbers together to create a kind of super number
164 (I did it on a calculator, I admit it)
3) Make a note of the first digit of this number, then add the digits of the number together.
4) Find the post of this number in your LJ. If you don't have that many posts, add the digits together again. Keep doing so until the number is smaller than your pathetic number of posts.
Egads, I completely forgot about that story... the day my parents bought this computer I'm using, and we forever for... (what's the past form of forsaken? -_-) our webtv... We all spent the night throwing up with chills. XP
5) Take the digit you noted in step 3, and count that many words into the post.
6) Use the resulting word in a Google Image Search, and select a picture from the first page
7) Post the results for us all to see:
Did you know it was Raven who broke up Nightwing and Starfire's wedding? =P Though not for the reason I would prefer... Ah, well.
Stayed home from school, because of various Sammy-related reasons even I don't understand. But I'm going to be soooo behind.... nyah.
I love the Giffy program Ava found. *hugs*
Edit: Snagged Chee icon from felinephoenix and made icon from the lovely, wonderful, pretty Raven x Starfire sei_kou_ki drew for me. =D Happiness!